13-strong cohort of development talent selected by TRC
Media training provider TRC has announced the 13-strong cohort of development talent for its SuperSizer 2022/23 programme.
The initiative, currently in its sixth year, is aimed at supporting development talent working in factual, factual entertainment or specialist factual programmes in the nations and regions – so outside London – to nurture ideas of scale and ultimately win high-value commissions.
The successful candidates will receive online and face-to-face training including a meeting with broadcast commissioners. The training also includes advice on pitching, heading up a creative team and personal branding.
The TRC SuperSizer 2022/23 cohort is as follows:
- Andy Malone, Freelance, England
- Christine Morrison, Corcadal Productions, Scotland
- Dean Webster, Ten66 Television, England
- Eamonn Devlin, Triplevision Productions, Northern Ireland
- Edwina Madden-Egan, Tuesday’s Child, Scotland
- Ella Jackson, BBC Studios Pacific Quay, Scotland
- Gorana Jelovina, ITN Productions, England
- Llinos Griffiths, Yeti Television, Wales
- Majella McNeaney, Firecracker, Scotland
- Paddy Duffy, Two Rivers, Scotland
- Stephen McVey, Rare TV, Northern Ireland
- Tammy Kennedy, Little Bird Films, Wales
- Victoria Holden, Chalk Productions, England
The SuperSizer is funded by BBC, Channel 4 and National Lottery / Screen Scotland.
Also on The Knowledge
BBC News’ analysis editor Ros Atkins will present a new topical show for BBC One called Ros Atkins On the Week.
The Film & TV Charity has launched a new tool on its website to support the industry during the cost-of-living crisis.
ScreenSkills is running a series of leadership one-to-one surgeries throughout October, as part of its ‘Step Up’ strand, offering training to skill up or move to a new role in unscripted TV.
S4C has awarded the tender for Gogglebocs Cymru – the Welsh-language iteration of Gogglebox – to two north Wales-based indies, Chwarel and Cwmni Da. The companies will co-produce the format.
With a plethora of new studio spaces springing up around the UK, we are taking a look behind the scenes at some of the facilities – many of which are highlighted in our UK studios supplement, now called World of Studios - UK. The next edition is due out at the end of 2022 so book your space now!
Happy Prince is to produce an eight-part adaptation of Jilly Cooper’s hit novel Rivals for Disney+.