80six opens for Virtual Production Discovery Days
Video technology company 80six provides high-end equipment and world-class technical services for virtual production, film & TV drama, live entertainment, broadcast, (e)sports and corporate events.
The company is hosting a series of Virtual Production Discovery Days, where film crews can experience one-to-one virtual production demos at its studios in Slough.
The interactive event will give film and TV crew and production and post-production houses the opportunity to see live and on-set the real-time technologies powering LED stages.
The sessions proved highly popular and were nearly sold out within 48 hours. Now 80six is extending the format of the two Virtual Production Discovery Days, on 15 and 16 September, and would love to hear from anyone wishing to attend.
Opportunities on the day include:
- Experience using LED screens for in-camera VFX for shooting car scenes, either with backplates shot on-location or by creating a unique environment in Unreal Engine
- See the parallax effect in action – how the camera and camera tracking systems integrate to produce final-pixel imagery
- Talk 1-2-1 to the expert 80six technical team about using LED screens for in-camera visual effects
- Privately discuss the specific requirements of your next production with the company’s co-founders
- Meet some of the industry-leading manufacturers and suppliers behind the technology powering virtual production and ask your questions directly to them
- Conversations with like-minded industry professionals over at the outdoor coffee shop
The event partners are: ROE Visual; Brompton Technology; Cooke Optics; Mo-sys; 3LR Lighting.
This is an informal, exclusive event, with limited spaces available online. Bookings are available for up to 90-min for small groups. If your desired booking time is already taken, sign up to the waiting list and the team will do its best to accommodate your request. Click here for more details on registration.
The studios are located at 80six’s HQ in Slough, 15 minutes by train from Paddington then a short walk from the station, or a 10-minute drive from Junction 5 of the M4.
All 80six team members will have proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken the day before the event. Each attendee will receive a Wellness COVID-19 questionnaire to sign prior the event. Wearing masks is not mandatory, but you are more than welcome to wear one.
Also on The Knowledge
This year we have had more requests than ever for print copies of The Knowledge book so we really can say it is back due to popular demand!
Netflix espionage thriller Heart of Stone will film in the UK with Gal Gadot starring and producing.
Filming begins this week on The Witcher: Blood Origin for Netflix, with Sophia Brown (pictured), Laurence O’Fuarain and Michelle Yeoh.
A UK/France shoot has begun on Murder in Provence, starring Roger Allam and Nancy Carroll, and based on the books by ML Longworth.
Filming gets underway this week in the UK and Spain – the latter doubling for Turkey – on new ITV thriller, No Return, starring Sheridan Smith.
Production gets underway this week on ITV drama Our House, based on Louise Candlish’s novel of the same name.